MSP in tropical Atlantic: governance dynamics
International workshop In Recife, Brazil, UFPE, Feb. 4-5, 2019
The workshop “MSP in tropical Atlantic: governance dynamics” aims to share experiences on Marine Spatial Planning in Europe and Brazil.
It will be centred on a legal and socio-political perspective, to better understand (emerging) policy practices, processes and institutional contexts enabling and/or constraining MSP
governance dynamics in the transboundary, North-South Atlantic context.
Four sessions will be organised over the two days of the workshop:
- Marine Zoning in Brazil
- MSP in Europe
- Toward MSP in Brazil
- Current connections across tropical Atlantic
This workshop is organized by the PADDLE project. with the help and support of:
- “A estratégia brasileira de gestao sustentavel dos recursos marinhos vivos et nao vivos” (UnB, UFC e UPM – CAPES)
- LMI Tapioca (IRD, UFPE, UFRPE)
- Bacharelado em Oceanografia da UFPE – 10 anos
- Wageningen University
- Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa