This collaborative work tool, accessible via the internet in a secure manner, is dedicated to work on natural substances whatever their origin.
It allows to capitalize, perpetuate and share in a controlled way the data (from harvesting, to isolated molecules, through biological tests, extraction and purification processes) between collaborators of a project, but also to make a restitution to the territories and countries where the studied organisms come from within the framework of the APA (Access and Benefit Sharing) process.
The software is distributed for free under an open source license (HAL-01887126).
(Developments: Code Lutin, IRD OCEANS department funding)
- Geographic information systems (GIS) at different interfaces
- A more elaborate search interface, allowing:
- search on data and documents
- to search by combining several parameters (country, geographical area (from the map), type of documents)
- to view stations and samples on the map
- to access documents more easily
- Data import modules at all interfaces.
- As data entry is the main barrier to using/feeding databases, these modules make things much easier
- Export modules in formats:
- CSV: for data tables
- ZIP: for documents at the search interface level
- PNG: for exporting maps in image format
- KML and GeoJSON: to export GPS points from maps
- An improvement in rights management:
- Ability for the creator of a campaign (or project) to manage access rights
- Possibility for the creator of a campaign to delegate the management of access rights to a “Campaign Administrator”
- For a campaign, viewing and assigning access rights gathered at the campaign record level