Documentation d'installation de POPS » README.md
What is POPS ?
POPS project is a set of additions to Redmine which aims to turn Redmine into a collaborative scientific platform.
This include a focus to documents and project pages plus a full design revamp.
The POPS project is composed of several sub-projects :
- redmine-pops-engine is an engine you can mount in Redmine to change Redmine design.
- redmine-pops is a set of changes brought to Redmine for POPS custom use.
- redmine-invitable is a plugin allowing you to invite people to join Redmine per project.
- redmine-documents-pops is a plugin changing how documents behave in Redmine.
In order for POPS to work properly, you will need the following installed :
- Ruby 2.1.0 and greater
- Redmine 2.6.x (< 3.0)
- PostgreSQL 9.1 and greater or MySQL
- ImageMagick (imagemagick, libmagickwand-dev)
Method 1: Install from scratch
- Clone this repository and its submodules
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/LETG/pops.git
Follow the installation procedure of Redmine
Follow the installation procedure of plugins
$ rake redmine:plugins:migrate
Method 2: Install in an existing Redmine instance
By its nature, POPS needs to override some Redmine functionnalities.
As such, this will not be a straightforward installation process and knowledge of Rails is highly recommended.
- Download and install all the required plugins
In addition to pops plugins described above, the project also has a couple of additional dependencies.
For the full POPS experience, you need to download and install the followings :
redmine_ckeditor- Docs :warning: With version 1.0.20, if you choose to clone it do it via
git clone https://github.com/a-ono/redmine_ckeditor.git --single-branch -b 1.0.20 --depth 1
Download and install POPS plugins
$ cd plugins $ git clone https://github.com/LETG/redmine-pops.git pops_project --depth 1 $ git clone https://github.com/LETG/redmine-invitable.git invitable --depth 1 $ git clone https://github.com/LETG/redmine-documents-pops.git documents_pops --depth 1
Then in Redmine root folder, execute the followings
$ bundle install $ rake redmine:plugins:migrate $ rake redmine:pops_project_create_roles
Your redmine instance should still be working at this point!
- Install the POPS engine and mount it
$ mkdir engines && cd engines $ git clone https://github.com/LETG/redmine-pops-engine.git --depth 1
In redmine root directory, create a file called Gemfile.local and add :
gem 'pops_redmine_engine', path: 'engines/redmine-pops-engine'
In the redmine config/additional_environment.rb, add the following :
config.paths['app/views'].unshift(PopsRedmineEngine::Engine.root.join('app', 'views')) config.paths['app/helpers'].unshift(PopsRedmineEngine::Engine.root.join('app', 'helpers').to_s) config.paths['lib'].unshift(PopsRedmineEngine::Engine.root.join('lib'))
- Install the Foundation Theme engine and mount it
$ mkdir engines && cd engines $ git clone https://github.com/dotgee/redmine-foundation-theme.git --depth 1
Edit Gemfile.local and add :
gem 'foundation_theme', path: 'engines/redmine-foundation-theme'
In config/additional_environment.rb, add :
- Column doesn't exist / Migrations were not run
Plugins folders need to have a specific name for their migrations to be ran. Please make sure they have the name specified in above steps.
POPS is an open source project and we encourage contributions.
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by reporting bugs
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specs
- by writing needed code or finishing code
- by refactoring code
- by resolving issues
- by reviewing pull requests